Instant Access - No personal data needed!
PayHip - Review
Payhip is a feature-rich ecommerce platform primarily aimed at digital products such as ebooks and courses.
Given its low-priced plans and free plan, it’s ideally suited to solopreneurs and those just getting started with selling digital products.
However, Payhip isn’t the only ecommerce platform on the market, so it’s important to check it out to decide whether it’s the right one for your growing business.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Payhip, from the platform’s key features to pros, cons, and pricing. And we’ll even throw in a few Payhip alternatives, so you can keep your options open.
What is Payhip?
Payhip is an easy-to-use eCommerce platform designed for those who want to sell digital downloads, courses, coaching services, subscriptions, and more. The tool is a perfect choice for solopreneurs looking for an affordable and full-featured ecommerce solution.
You can use the tool to set up your own online store, list products including physical and digital products, and manage your customer data.
You can also view analytics relating to your sales to see what’s selling well in your store, and how you can improve conversions. In addition to this, you make use of helpful marketing features, like email updates, upgrades and cross-sells, discounts, coupons, and more.
Payhip really does have some awesome features to offer, so keep reading to learn more. Below, we’ll be taking a closer look at all of the features of the platform.
What features does PayHip offer?
As soon as you sign up for your Payhip account, you’ll be prompted to set a name for your store.
Once you’ve done this, you’ll be directed to the Payhip dashboard, which you can use to access all of the tool’s features. These are:
- A store builder
- Product page creation tools
- Payment management
- Customer Management
Below is a rundown of all the available features, what they do, and how to get started using them.
Payhip offers a powerful store builder that allows you to customize all areas of your store. As long as you have at least one product added you’ll be able to start customizing the look of your online store. To access the tool, you’ll first need to click Store in the top navigation bar on the Dashboard. Then click Launch Your Store Builder. You’ll then be taken to the editor page.
From here, you can make tons of edits and changes to your store using the side navigation bar. Firstly, you can add or remove different types of pages to your site. The page types available are Custom Pages, Product Pages, Collection Pages, Subscriptions, Blog Pages, and Blog Post Pages.
Payhip allows you to add six different product types to your eCommerce store. These are digital downloads, courses, physical products, bundles, coaching services, and subscription billing. To add a product, simply click the Products button on the top navigation bar of the main dashboard.
Then click Add Product. You can then select which type of product you’d like to add.
How much does Payhip cost?
Payhip has an extremely simple pricing model with three plans to choose from Free Forever, Plus, and Pro.
All plans include a full feature set, with a site builder, marketing and analytics features, and customer management. You can also create unlimited products, and have unlimited revenue for your store. The main differences are the transaction fees.
With the Free Forever plan, you can enjoy all the platform’s features, but all transactions will be subject to a 5% fee.
The Plus plan is $29 per month. For this price, you get full access to the platform and a reduced transaction fee of 2%.
The Pro plan is $99/month, and as a result of the increased price, there is no transaction fee applied.
Payhip pros and cons
Now we’ve taken a detailed look at Payhip, what it can do and how much it costs, here’s what we think are the main pros and cons of the tool.
- Good selection of digital products. Payhip is the perfect tool to use to sell digital products, as it has a great range of digital product options, from things like ebooks to digital courses, to coaching services and subscriptions.
- Affordable Plans. Payhip offers a full-featured free plan which is perfect for new businesses and solopreneurs. Of course, they charge a transaction fee on sales, but it means no initial investment to get started. And if you want to be free of transaction fees in the future, you can upgrade your plan to the Pro plan.
- Good marketing tools. Payhip offers a good selection of tools to help you boost sales, from coupon and discount options to upselling, cross-selling, and more.
- EU & UK VAT handling. Dealing with EU & UK VAT tax can be challenging but Payhip solves this by handling it automatically.
- Suitable for selling software. If you want to sell software, Payhip can generate license keys automatically.
- Offer more payment options for your customers. With Payhip, you can take payments by card and PayPal. You can also offer payment plans and subscriptions.
- Analytics could be more in-depth. Although the analytics tool does offer some useful insights, the tool would be better if there were some more in-depth analytics features, as well as reporting and testing options.
- Store builder is not very intuitive. Payhip’s store builder works well, but it could be a little easier to use. The layout is not very intuitive, and the menu in the sidebar is quite confusing to navigate.